The Good News
God has a kingdom and this is Good News for us. (The statement might sound strange.) It is a spiritual kingdom, and our participation in it is based on our relationship with the sovereign.
All our relationships are based on what we share in common with others. We are physical beings so our values are substantially related to our physical selves. However, God is spiritual and not physically-based. We base many relationships with people on tangible things, but a physical nature is not something we can share in common with God.
God is motivated by his personal value system, which can be summed up as sacrificial love for the benefit of others. God has demonstrated this to us through Jesus Christ who lived and taught and modeled it. God is interested that we also learn and practice this value so that we can have something in common with him. God's non-physical kingdom is where we live by this value with other people.
The result of living out God's value system is that we can have good relationships, both with God and with people. This value system is very simple, very profound, and it is a freeing practical system for good living. It is Good News.
- If you aren't particularly religious, I suggest:
- If you have been a Christian for some time, I suggest:
- this discussion of distinctive aspects of this perspective,
- and also look at the other material below.
The Good News (the Gospel) is a values-based spiritual solution to the problem of relationships: between man and God, and between humans.
Following Christ from the perspective:
Questions and Answers about:
- Better Theological Explanations that come from God's Value System
- Theological Definitions (using God's Value System thinking)
Sunday teaching audio:
Web Log Thoughts
- 2021-01-22 Reasonable Beliefs
- 2020-11-13 Principles and Good Rules
- 2020-11-08 The Commands of Jesus
- 2020-10-30 What is Spirituality?
- 2020-07-08 Truth, Not Lies
- 2020-04-14 What would Jesus do?
- 2018-12-15 How do we Love God?
- 2017-02-12 Jesus calls us to make Disciples, not Converts
- 2016-11-11 How should the church view sin?
- 2016-07-06 How to recognize a Christian
- 2015-03-05 Doctrine and Maturity
- 2015-03-04 What is the Value of Doctrine?
- 2015-03-03 Can We Know Theology?
- 2012-04-17 What is a Value System?
- 2011-05-25 Our Obedience
- 2011-05-15 How are we saved?
- 2010-05-19 Christian Motivation
- 2010-05-16 The Significance of Blood
- 2010-05-16 Understanding Sin
- 2010-03-30 Why God's Value System Matters
- 2010-03-29 A passion for God
- 2010-02-02 John 14: A Description of Love
- 2009-10-19 Luke 23: A Criminal has faith
- 2009-07-09 Galations 5: What law?
- 2009-07-08 They got the Gospel
- 2009-04-18 Tax collectors and a mindset of learning
- 2009-03-29 Forgiving like Jesus
More Full Presentation
If we understand God's value system, we can come to a complete system of understanding of our relationship to God. This values-base perspective is based on the work of Darren Twa. Darren Twa is the author of several books that cover these topics in depth. Please read them.
- God's Value System gives a full presentation of this useful perspective.
- Emotions: Revealing our Values explains how our emotions show our values to us.
- Relationship and ValueSystems is a short book to introduce this topic. (And it is available in a free on-line version.)
- Darren's Sunday audio Messages also cover these topics.