Good Relationships Are Challenging
- Why be concerned about good relationships?
- The Seven Secrets of Good Relationships
- Instructional audio
Good relationships are challenging hard work. An important starting point, is knowing that relationships are based on common value systems.
We can have good relationships with people and with God by understanding God's value system. This value system is very simple, very profound, and it is a practical system for living.
- If you aren't particularly religious, I suggest
- If you have been a Christian for some time, I suggest
- this discussion of distinctive aspects of this perspective,
- and also look at the other material below.
Christianity is a spiritual solution to the problem of relationships: between man and God, and between humans.
Christianity from the perspective of:
Questions and Answers:
- Distinctive aspects of the God's Value System perspective
- Better Explanations in Christianity that come from God's Value System
- Theological Definitions (using the God's Value System perspective)
Sunday teaching audio:
Web Log Thoughts
Understanding God's value system and its connection to relationships gives insight in many other things too:
- Apr 17, 2012 - What is a Value System?
- May 25, 2011 - Our Obedience
- May 15, 2011 - How are we saved?
- Aug 27, 2010 - The Seven Secrets of Good Relationships
- May 19, 2010 - Christian Motivation
- May 16, 2010 - The Significance of Blood
- May 16, 2010 - Understanding Sin
- Apr 06, 2010 - Atheists and morality
- Mar 30, 2010 - Why God's Value System Matters
- Mar 29, 2010 - A passion for God
- Feb 02, 2010 - John 14: A Description of Love
- Oct 19, 2009 - Luke 23: A Criminal has faith
- Oct 05, 2009 - Why God's Value System is significant (to me)
- Jul 09, 2009 - Galations 5: What law?
- Jul 08, 2009 - They got the Gospel
- Apr 18, 2009 - Mark 2: Tax collectors and learning
- Mar 29, 2009 - Mark 2: Forgiving like Jesus
If we understand God's value system, we can come to a complete system of understanding of our relationship to God. This perspective is based on the work of Darren Twa. Darren Twa is the author of several books that cover these topics in depth. Please read them.
- God's Value System gives a full presentation of this useful perspective.
- Emotions: Revealing our Values explains how our emotions show our values to us.
- Relationship and ValueSystems is a short book to introduce this topic. (And it is available in a free on-line version.)
- Darren's Sunday latest audio Messages, here and older ones here also cover these topics