Return to Messages
Sharing the Gospel by Value System
Darren introduces his book Relationship and ValueSystems. This book is small, and the print version cost is low so you can use it as a tool to spread the gospel. It is also available as a free (.pdf) version.
Reading from Darren Twa's book God's Value System, chapter 30: Evangelism and Value System.
- Relationships are based on common value systems.
- All conflicts in relationship is conflict over values.
- Conflict is resolved by agreeing on values.
- Sacrificial love for the benefit of others.
- God's value system most looks like Jesus on the cross. Jesus did the cross to restore relationship.
- Admit to the person you are talking to that you are not perfect. (Note: God's values must be seen in your life for you to be effective.)
- Point out that we adopt God's value system to have relationship with him. Not any new system of rules.
- Replacement of values takes time, but it is very important.
The chapters in the Relationship and ValueSystems book follow this order to help you in your presentation.